5 Practical Ways To Change Your Mindset And Change Your Life
During my years of being an entrepreneur and working with women in the direct sales/network marketing industry, what I have observed is being successful has little to do with not having a why big enough or having enough motivation because let’s be honest, women are pretty amazing creatures in the way God designed us. We can give life, take care of a family with little to no sleep, juggle work and family while running a household and manage the day to day hiccups that pop up out of nowhere without totally lose our minds. So to tell a woman that her why for building a business is not big enough or she is just not motivated enough is like a slap in the face.
What I have found is the road to success has more to do with having the right mindset to be in business for yourself. For some, being an entrepreneur comes easily as they had parents or family members who were entrepreneurial role models and for others, being a business owner is not something they grew up knowing so the concept is not familiar.
Regardless of the circumstances, entrepreneurship requires a certain type of mindset to handle the ups and downs of running a business but it’s not impossible or out of reach. I believe any woman who chooses to work on her own personal development can thrive at being a savvy, successful businesswoman.
What is mindset exactly? By definition it’s described as “the established set of attitudes held by someone” and while there are many different types of mindset, to put it simply, you either have a positive mindset or a negative one. You are either the type of person who sees the silver lining in life or you are the “doom and gloom” type.
The more you work on improving your mindset, the more successful and happy in life you will be. Here are 5 practical ways you can work to change your mindset starting today and change your life:
1. Positive Statements. The words we speak over our lives matter. If you believe you can’t have this or don’t deserve that it’s going to be very difficult to overcome those thoughts to create a different reality. Think about it, does this make sense “I want to change my life and the life of my family but nothing good ever happens to me.” How can you create a different life when you have convinced yourself that nothing ever good happens to you? Is that even the truth? Have you really lived your whole life and never had anything good happen to you?
Bottom line is that living a successful, thriving lifestyle with stinky thinking doesn’t make sense. You can’t believe nothing good ever happens to you and then expect your life to magically take a turn for the better.
Start and end your day with positive affirmations or scriptures to keep those negative thoughts from creeping in and your mindset positive. Focus more on the blessings you do have and not what you don’t have.
2. Evaluate Current Relationships. The great Jim Rohn said it best “You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Successful people don’t spend time with people who are down on life and themselves all the time. When you surround yourself with people who think that way, it spills over into your own life and mindset.
It’s important to surround yourself with people who will support your crazy ideas, cheer you on, believe in you and people who are where you want to be. People who will give you hope, show you what is possible and inspire you. If your current circle of influence brings you down, has their own fear of failure and scarcity mindset issues it’s time to find a new circle to spend the majority of your time with.
3. Cut Out The Noise. Do your daily habits consist of consuming hours of social media feed scrolling and vegging out in front of Fox News or CNN? Talk about a Debbie Downer. What we fill our minds with will greatly impact our way of thinking. Put your phone down and read a great self-help book to sharpen a skill set. Cut the TV off and spend time setting some new goals for this month and putting a plan of action together.
While it’s important to stay on top of world events, it shouldn’t consume or derail your day. Spend 10 minutes looking at trending topics to stay informed and then spend the rest of your day plotting goodness and mapping out ways you can change the world.
4. Volunteer. Want to put yourself instantly in a good mood? Do something to serve others. Find ways to use your gift and talents to make a difference in the lives of those who live and work in your own community. Not only are you leading by example but you will make lifelong connections and relationships that can also be useful in networking and building your business.
5. Look For The Lesson. Life is always going to throw us curveballs, that is just life. It happens to everyone but there is one thing that sets the successful apart from the unsuccessful: how they deal with it. A successful person will look for the lesson in every situation. They don’t walk around whining and asking “why me?!” They see it and use it as an opportunity to learn and grow forward. A successful person will roll with the punches, choosing to be a victor and not a victim.
Think back to the last hiccup you had and reflect on it honestly. How did you handle it? How can you improve to handle it better the next time something doesn’t happen the way you wanted it to? I am a work in progress every day, I promise there is always room for improvement.
How will you move forward this week to improve your mindset and change your life? I would love to hear from you so drop me a comment or head over to my Facebook fan page and join the daily discussions happening there.