Fall Weather Hair Care: Moisturize v. Hydration
Summer’s been fun but as the air starts to cool down and we usher in the fall season, with that comes crisp drier air. I know, I know just when you got your summer hair care routine down, you may find yourself glazed over and overwhelmed with options wondering which products are the best to repair your hair from all the hours spent in the sun, taking a dip in the pool and that beach vacay to restore your locks back to vibrant.
When considering what type of products are best for your hair, it’s important to consider the differences between moisturizing and hydrating hair products. So let’s try to break this down in simple terms shall we?
Moisturizing products are intended for daily use and hydrating products are designed to treat your hair when it’s feeling dry and brittle. Everyone needs moisturizing products to maintain a beautiful, healthy head of hair.
So let’s start with moisturizing which begins at the scalp. Some people, like curly hair types, for example, have naturally dry hair that may require an extra boost of moisture no matter the season. This is where choosing the right daily system of a moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and styling products is essential.
Hydration, on the other hand, is what hair needs to give it beautiful manageability and shine. Hydrating treatments like a leave-in conditioner or hydration mask fuel the hair to help bring it back to life. Just like your skin may need a hydrating mask during the fall or winter, so does your hair.
To start its important to test your hair’s porosity which can help you narrow down what your hair needs. It’s a simple test that is fun and takes less than 3 minutes.
Now that you have a better understanding of your hair’s porosity, here are six of my favorite product picks for both moisture and hydration:
1. Swap out your go-to shampoo for one with added moisturizing and nourishing benefits, keeping an eye out for naturally based ingredients and one that is free of sulfates and other toxic ingredients like the Renew Shampoo, a gentle, hydrating cleanser that penetrates and moisturizes the scalp.
2. Use a gentle volumizing conditioner like Revitalize for fine, limp and lifeless hair that penetrates and nurtures the scalp while helping boost natural growth, improve follicle strength, and reduce hair thinning to deliver weightless moisture and vital nutrients while helping to plump and energize hair from roots to ends.
3. Pamper your hair with a rich Super Moisture Masque that will provide nourishing moisture replenishment to restore your dry, dull, brittle hair to its soft, silky condition.
4. Use Restore Leave-In Conditioner to hydrate and revive each hair strand and restore essential nutrients to the scalp while taming frizz and flyaways.
5. Blow your hair away with a high performance, intensive leave-in hydrating treatment like Double Action Hydrating Serum.
6. Treat your moisture-starved locks from roots to tips with a lightweight Heavenly Hydrating Masque to improve vibrancy, shine and manageability. It’s gentle, detangling formula is ideal for all hair types, making hair more manageable and soft to the touch.
And here is a bonus tip! Before exiting the shower do a quick cold water rinse on your hair. A cold water rinse leaves hair glossy and shiny. Seriously, this isn’t some old wives tale, it’s science! Colder temperatures in water constrict hair cuticles to make strands smoother and more reflective while also preventing dirt from accumulating on the scalp to make hair stronger.
I hope this post will help you transition smoothly into a fall/winter hair care routine. If you are interested in getting these salon quality botanical products at a 30% discount, learn more about the VIP Program.
If you are interested in having your own business and earn an income from home, learn more about how to join The Bossy Beauty Tribe. We would be honored to have you!
Terri Willingham is a free-spirited entrepreneur who enjoys the country life on a Texas ranch with her husband Joe and amazing two boys. She is is grounded in faith and family with a deep passion for spreading joy and empowering other women through her Bossy Beauty community to embrace and believe in their own inner free spirit. Learn more HERE